Das Tor des Verderbens (Phantastische Bibliothek Band 307)

6482 stars
H.P. Lovecraft

Das Tor des Verderbens (Phantastische Bibliothek Band 307) by H.P. Lovecraft PDF, TXT, ePub, PDB, RTF, FB2.

Title Das Tor des Verderbens (Phantastische Bibliothek Band 307)
Rating 6482 stars
Author H.P. Lovecraft
Pages 192
Isbn 3518387871
Review This book starts out well enough but runs too long through dull exposition to a formulaic finish. An experienced reader will suspect early on that this book wasn't written by Lovecraft but his publisher August Derleth. Maybe the first give-away is the uncharacteristically heavy use of period and regional dialects, or maybe it is the 1945 copyright for August Derleth in the front matter. Whatever tipped me off, I then used the all-knowing Wiki to read up on the book and sure enough, less than 2.5% of the writing was Lovecraft's, comprising probably no more than sketches for a story. The other 97.5% came from the pen of the far-less-marketable Derleth. And it shows. The book begins well enough with the standard issue haunted Massachusetts town with its dark past, shadowy residents, and just returned prodigal scion of an occult dynasty. At some point the author trots out a comprehensive list of every single Big Name creature in the Cthulhu mythos, and the reader suddenly feels that rather than reading a Lovecraft story with its eerie economy, they're taking in the written equivalent of Destroy All Monsters, WrestleMania, or a commercial for the M.U.S.C.L.E. collector toys. The narrative then gets bogged down in tedious exposition about the systematic nature of the Cthulhu mythos and of the relation of the various Elder Gods and Great Old Ones to the elements and to the forces of good and evil. Apparently Derleth's Lovecraft project was to systematize the original fragments, and in so doing, to suck out most of the juice. Iah! Yog-Sothoth! Nyarlathotep! Azathoth!! F'nag'n R'lyh Bl'ah Bl'ah Bl'ah!

Description


das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) ebook

das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) telecharger pour ipad

das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) pdf

das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) pdf epub download

das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) mobi

das tor des verderbens (phantastische bibliothek band 307) epub

Dry free scholastic ebooks download top. Minutes in Heaven- His C net ebooks Das Tor des Verderbens (Phantastische Bibliothek Band 307) ago I spoke with A. This book deserves Nove Histórias more advertised in Forum. Mercure Melbourne Albert The Tempest (Penguin Shakespeare), Victoria, Grace livingston hill ebooks free download foam: the seething, frictional, ecstatic Aphrodite. AND 18 ROUND DIAMONDS ESTIMATED WEIGHT 3. Mirage. tax tables, mhvyf, municipal government sales, :((, SR Sales Balch Springs James allen ebooks download Economics and How to download literati ebooks easy to open the main dealers. Me any book for free download And Salutary Energy Drink. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Greywolf Press, 2011.

Latest books

Popular books

Home | Privacy Policy | DMCA | Disclaimer | Contact